Wednesday 25 January 2017

Teesdale sharp shooter Becky crowned champion of the North

A TEESDALE teenager is aiming to secure a spot in the England skeet team after becoming the North of England champion.
Clay pigeon shooter Becky Clarey, from Staindrop School, enjoyed a successful 2016, which saw her being crowned Durham County Colt Skeet Champion and Durham County Colt Sporting Champion.
The 15-year-old, from Evenwood Gate, also finished third in the Cleveland and North Yorkshire Sporting League before being selected for the North of England skeet team.
She said: “Then I shot in the British Open Skeet Championship where I won a bronze medal which led to me gaining sponsorship from Johnson Brown Field Sports and Marne Clay Shooting Club. In 2016 I finished third in the country for English Skeet under 16s.
“My ambition is to one day shoot as a junior in the England skeet team. This would allow me to compete against other European countries at a higher competition level.”
During the England Open Skeet Championship Becky took gold in the under-16 lady colt category and bronze in the colt category.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.