Wednesday 28 December 2016

Katy's new year class to help shed pounds

Katy before and after
TRAVEL consultant Katy Davies is offering to show anyone who wants to lose weight the route to a slimmer, healthier new year.
Ms Davies, 36, who works for Kyle Travel, in Barnard Castle, has transformed her appearance after losing four-and-a-half stones.
Now she is launching a Slimming World evening group in the town for men and women anxious to shed those unwanted pounds.
In March, Ms Davies decided she’d had enough of unflattering family photos and holiday snaps and was determined to take action.
 “I thought I could do it myself, but Slimming World was always cropping up in conversation so I joined a group in Darlington,” she said.
 “Having been unsuccessful with weight loss in the past, at first I decided not to tell anyone I was trying again.”
Ms Davies needn’t have worried because she lost 5lbs in her first week and has never looked back.
“I never feel limited or restricted in what I eat – it has just made me appreciate my food more,” she said.
Ms Davies, who lives in Newsham, says although her eating habits have changed she still enjoys things like spaghetti Bolognese, curries and roast dinners.
She was also encouraged to be more active.
“I hate gyms but I do like swimming and walking so I just did a bit more of that.”
By August, she looked so different that friends sometimes failed to recognise her. Her self-confidence has grown and she loves shopping for new clothes in a size 12.
“A big high-point for me was when my group nominated me for Slimming World’s Woman of the Year award and for Miss Slinky 2016,” she said.
Ms Davies has now decided she would like to help others.
“I love my job at Kyle Travel and I am so pleased that I have been given the opportunity to continue doing that while running a Slimming World group,” she said.
Ms Davies’ group opens on Monday, January 2, in the Methodist Church Hall on Scar Top at 7.30pm.
For more information, call 07946 103437.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.