Saturday 30 September 2017

Mary, 74, to abseil down 115ft viaduct

A 74-YEAR-OLD church reader plans to abseil down an 115ft high viaduct as a parting gift to the school in her village.

Mary Shepherd will be giving up her role as officiating minister as well as holding a Thursday collective service at Bowes Hutchinson’s Primary School when she moves to Norfolk to be closer to her family later this year.

However, before she leaves she will abseil down Lambley Viaduct, in Northumberland, to raise cash for the school and lower Teesdale Churches, including St Giles where she is a reader. She will take on the daring feat on Sunday, October 1, having never abseiled before. She said: “I have always wondered what it would be like to do.

“It’s because it has always looked really interesting to me. I thought I've got to try it before I leave. I am determined to do it. My family think I am mad.”

Anyone who wants to sponsor Ms Shepherd can call her on 01833 650180 or drop off the cash at Bowes Hutchinson’s School.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.